The CUTIS project with the support of the Ministry of Economic Development, Trade and Agriculture and the Export Promotion Office has developed the “I CAN EXPORT. How to Export Footwear to Canada” export guide.
The main goal is to help Ukrainian small and medium footwear enterprises to enter the Canadian market.
Few interesting facts about the Canadian shoe market:
- Canadian consumers spent CAD 7.8 billion on shoes, in particular, CAD 3.7 billion on women’s shoes, CAD 3.1 billion on men’s and CAD 1 billion on children’s shoes. In 2018, shoe sales in the Canadian market have increased by 3.7% in value.
- Canada is one of the biggest footwear consumers per capita in the world. In 2018, footwear sales reached 178 million pairs.
- By 2023, total footwear sales will reach CAD 9.5 billion.
- Sales of man’s footwear will grow faster than other categories. The reason is the increase of men’s interest in fashion trends, especially among young people, as well as the liberalization of the office dress code.
- Canadian consumers spend on shoes on average CAD 212 per person or CAD 541 per household. It is expected that by 2023 Canadians will increase their spending on footwear to CAD 246 per person or CAD 541 per household.
To FREE download the export guide please follow the link.