The CUTIS project with the support of the Ministry of Economic Development, Trade and Agriculture and the Export Promotion Office has developed the “I CAN EXPORT. How to Export Apparel to Canada” export guide.
The main goal is to help Ukrainian small and medium clothing enterprises to enter the Canadian market.
Few interesting facts about the Canadian apparel market:
- In 2018, Canadians spent CAD 36 billion on clothing. In particular, CAD 18 billion on women’s clothing and about CAD 11 billion on men’s clothing.
- In 2018, apparel sales volume in the Canadian market has increased by 3.2%.
- Sales of women’s designer clothes are much higher than men’s.
- By 2023, the total sales of clothing will reach CAD 43 billion, with an average annual growth rate of 3.4%. At the same time, sales of hosiery will increase faster than any other category.
- Sales of hosiery will grow faster than other apparel categories, an average of 4.2% per year as a result of premiumization of the clothing market.
To FREE download the export guide please follow the link